Saturday 15 September 2012

Moku Moku Brewery, Mie


In addition to the short trip the family and I took to visit Beer Restaurant Sugakura in Koga City, Shiga, we also took a short drive over to Mie prefecture to vist Moku Moku farm, which was only a 45 minute drive away. As I often take the train, I rarely think of the two prefectures as connected directly, but the scenery around these mountainous areas is spectacular, especially before the harvest in early september.

Moku Moku Farm is a hands-on experience farm where you can take your kids to see the animals and get some tezukuri food to take home. Like most agricultural themed parks, they have a small brewery turning out a selection of beers. Though they only had four on offer while I was there, their history was proudly displayed on top of their fridge. Hopefully I'll be able to get an interview with them in the future.


I took one of each beer home, including the seasonal above, which was quite a nice concept beer called the Moonlight Ale (月の光のエール). Brewed to celebrate 150 years since the birth of Claude Debussy, and named after one of his most notes pieces, "Claire de Lune," the beer was fermented to the sounds of the work. Reccomended to drink by the moonlight. I didn't do that, but my god it was good.

I also took home their Red Larger, Haru no Urara (春のうらら, Which took a gold at the Beer Cup in 2006), and the Golden Pilsner. They came in a handy gift pack of 3.


Moku Moku Farm 
9:30 - 20:00, Check ahead for farm holidays. Varies with season.

三重県伊賀市西湯舟3609
Mie-ken, Iga-shi, Nishiyuban 3609
Tel. 0595-43-0909
www.moku-moku.com

No comments:

Post a Comment