Sunday 16 September 2012

Zakkoku Koubou Micro Brewery, Ogawa, Saitama


My wife takes Noguchi Seitai classes up in Saitama once a month, a short walk from Musashi Ranzan Station. I heard from a friend of mine, Haruka Inomata (formerly CCO staff), that there was a great micro brewery the stop before that at Ogawa station called the Mugi Zakkoku Koubou Micro Brewery (麦雑穀工房 Micro Brewery). For my birthday my wife went there especially on her way home to send me a great 500ml six pack for my birthday.

Zakkoku Koubou's website says that they aim to be self supportive, and brew with 100% raw materials from organic farming/natural cultivation in their local area (有機栽培/自然力栽培の原料100%地域自給を目指す), and you can taste it in the beer. I highly recommend the Wiezen (photo right).

My wife also got the insider information that Zakkoku distribute to the following bars in Osaka, which I believe is a very strong sign of bars who care what they serve. You can get Zakkoku Koubou Beers at:
Eni-brew (Nakamozu area)
Kamikaze (Nishiohasi area)
Q-brick (Hommachi area)


Mugi Zakkoku Koubou Micro Brewery
11:00 - 21:00 (Sun till 20:00), Closed Mondays and Tuesdays

埼玉県小川町大塚1151-1
Saitama-ken, Ogawa-machi, Otsuka 1151-1
Tel. 0493 72 5673
http://www.craft-beer.net/zkm.html

No comments:

Post a Comment